How to Clean Lexmark Printer?
A dirty printer looks very bad whether it is kept at home or at office. Also, it causes a number of unwanted issues like spotty print jobs, lousy print quality and paper jams. So, it’s important to clean your printer to have good print quality results. Head nozzles also create havoc on the quality of print which may also impact the life of your printing machine.
Let’s begin the procedure, follow the given steps to clean the Lexmark printer.
Option 1. Process To Clean the Lexmark Printer
- Firstly unplug the machine because you are going to work inside the electrical component.
- Now, to clean inkjets buy a can of air from the local office store.
- The next step comes to clean the delicate interior. Take a soft cloth and alcohol.
- You can also use vinegar/water solution to clean the internal parts. Now, put the solution on the cloth.
- Now, gently clean the rubber blades on the ink cartridges.
- Clean the printer’s exterior using a damp soft cloth.
- After doing this, start cleaning the Printhead.
- Navigate to the Control Panel on your computer.
- Now, move to Printing Preferences.
- After selecting the printer, the system will guide you through the method of cleaning the printhead.
- Your Lexmark Printer will print out a test page to compare with the picture on the screen.
- If it is very dirty, try it several times to clean the Printhead.
- If your printing machine has a self-cleaning option, select it and let it run its course.
Option 2. To clean the rollers
- Turn off your printer to make sure there is no risk of electric shock.
- Now, open the machine casing and reveal the rollers.
- Withdraw any paper that is present in the tray.
- Now, using your one hand, grasp a damp cloth on the roller and using another hand to turn the roller against the dump rag. Repeat this process until you are sure that the roller has been cleaned.
- Now, put back the papers on the tray and replace the printer’s casing.
- Connect it to the power cable. Test a few print to make sure that rollers are cleaned.
Now, you can print your documents clearly and easily without any hindrance. Clean the machine regularly to avoid print-head and bad quality prints. Like you take care of your precious things, the printer also needs some attention for its proper functioning.
If you want to know more about your printing machine or want to ask any query, or to ask a solution of the problem you are facing with it, contact us at Lexmark Printer Support Number +1-844-478-5758 . The technicians of our team can help you in rectifying any issue whether it’s related to hardware, software or technical glitches. The team is very dedicated towards their work and treats the customer very politely and in exact manner that the customer wants.